Senior Credit Controller
Job Title: Senior Credit Controller
Location: Stafford (ST18 0FX)
Hours: Permanent Contract working 37.5hrs Monday to Friday 9-5
Salary: Upto £25,000 per annum (DOE)
To monitor daily the Sales Ledger, and achieve the Company/Group Objectives of Cash Collections, Overdue/60+ day reductions, lowering both the risk of bad debt write off’s or increase in DSO. Maintain key controls within the Department and look to resolve debtor disputes/queries that cause conflict to prompt payments. Liaise closely with internal departments to assist invoice production and query resolution.
- Maintain or lower funder/debtor balances, so risk of increased 60 day debt is reduced.
- Respond to invoice disputes or contractual queries to aid payment.
- Ensure billing information meets client/contractual requirements.
- To collect both due and overdue transactions within the Sales Ledger so that balances are maintained or lowered.
- To understand 60+ day debt and look to reduce and/or stop where possible other debts from ageing to 60+.
- Manage complex and challenging accounts.
- Secure payment promises/then receipt of payment promises to hit Company/Group Cash Collections targets
- Reconcile accounts (payments and/or credits/adjustments against invoices/amended invoices/debit notes) when required if balance outstanding is disputed by funder/debtor.
- To understand debtor disputes or queries and involve others within the Company/Group that promotes resolution/allows payments to be released.
- Support the Credit Control & Special Invoicing Manager with debtor reports; aged debt analyse; weekly debt calls and any ad-hoc duties where required.
- Support Credit Controllers with complex disputes.
- To promote Direct Debit as a preferred method of payment for Private Clients.
- To ensure all cash receipts are allocated to the Sales Ledger appropriate funder/transaction in a timely and accurate manner.
- Authorise credit notes, re-works and refunds in line with company approval limits.
- Oversee and support the Credit Control team in the absence of the Manager.
- Through on going contact with debtors, assess the need to issue a final notice on an account and recommend legal action where appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience
- Exceptional communication skills, including verbal and written
- Good negotiation skills
- Aptitude for problem solving and implementing processes
- Minimum two years’ experience in a Senior Credit Control role or similar
- Excellent analytical skills, including of Excel and Word
- Ability to lead by example and inspire others
- Knowledge of Cold Harbour
- Able to work well as part of a team and on own initiative
- Possess good self-motivational skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
For more information about the role and package details please apply online today or call Lynn on 01785 237826 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.
For more information on how we store and use your information, please view our privacy statement by visiting https://www.alliedhealthcare.com/privacy-statement