Physiotherapist – (NHS Band 7 equivalent)
Do you want to work Monday to Friday during office hours?
If you are ready for the next step in your career and want to work in an autonomous role yet be part of a larger team, then we need to hear from you.
This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team serving the population of Essex. This is a field based role, working out of our Basildon office covering Chelmsford, Morden, South Minster, Burnham-on-Crouch (Lower Mid) OR Braintree, Coggeshall, Sible Hedingham (Upper Mid) locations.
You’ll be supporting patients who are being discharged from hospital with specific care packages, by assessing the risk and needs of patients in their home, and make recommendations for physical therapy interventions, guidance and information to support recovery and/or independent living.
As part of the care package you will continue to analyse, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure progress and assure effectiveness of the intervention in accordance with local contracts.
The scope of practice is likely to be, but not exclusive to - Orthopaedic, Neuro (Dementia, Stroke, Parkinson’s Disease), Peripheral Neuropathy and Dexterity.
The role reports directly into the Reablement Support Manager and Clinical Support Manager. You will also be supported by a multi-disciplinary team and, also have the opportunity to work alongside Care Delivery Directors, Business Development teams and other healthcare professional in ongoing business development, including giving advice on quotations on clinically lead health packages.
What we need from you
• Professional qualification in physiotherapy and current HCPC registration to practice
• A broad breadth of experience which should include interventions, ideally gained in an acute, complex care and/or community setting
• Excellent communication skills and ability to be able to advise and train non-clinical staff to support the care package requirements
• Be visible and know the patients in caseload by regular care rounds and proactive home visits
• To be an active member of the regional team and attend and contribute to team meetings
• Respond to and investigate clinical complaints, in line with policy and risk management
• Submit clinical reports and updates to CCGs regarding their packages as per contractual agreements
• Maintain clinical updates and evidence of PREP (Post Registration Educational Portfolio)
• Driving licence and use of a vehicle for work
What you can expect from us
All the support of a large organisation, including
• A comprehensive induction to the role, supported by peers and mentors
• Ongoing training, to support your personal and professional development
• Dedicated monthly clinical update with peers and reflection meetings
• Family friendly working hours (predominately Monday to Friday office hours)
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Progression opportunities within the organisation
Please contact Chris Gask on 01785 237 827 or email email@example.com to find out more about this opportunity or other great opportunities for Nurses and clinicians.
By applying for this vacancy, you hereby consent to Allied Healthcare storing and processing your information for us to progress your application. If successful, your information will be added to your electronic staff file and printed and added to a physical paper file. Your information will be kept on file while you are working with us and for six years after you leave. If your application is unsuccessful, your information will be held for 12 months and will then be erased from our system.
You have the right to ask at any time and at no cost to see your records, edit them, have them erased or stop us using them. If we cannot comply with your request, we will tell you why.
For more information on how we store and use your information, please view our privacy statement by visiting https://www.alliedhealthcare.com/privacy-statement
This vacancy is closed to applications.