Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the Clinical Auditor is responsible and accountable for contributing to Clinical Governance Framework by undertaking regular audits of clinicians, processes and systems, thereby supporting safe practice, service development and underpinning clinical quality.
The position is based in our Head office in Stafford and is a Monday to Friday 9-5 permanant full time role. You don't need to be experienced in Clinical Audit as training will be provided.
Role & Responsibilities
• To undertake regular clinical audit and provide written feedback to staff and Regional Clinical Manager in order to support clinical services.
• To work with clinicians and provide appropriate feedback and development plans to ensure patient safety and quality standards are maintained. .
• To assist as requires in investigation of clinical incidents and complaints.
• Working with Regional Clinical Manager to produce reports as requested by contract board.
• To support the development of clinical practice throughout the business ensuring high standards of patient care.
• To be accountable for highlighting and escalating safeguarding concerns as per company policy.
• To participate on specialist audits as agreed with Director of Nursing.
• To undertake key project work, ensuring that all audits are tracked and on target to achieve NQRs and KPI’s as required for service development
• To work with Director of Nursing to ensure that appropriate policies, guidance, protocol and standards to achieve and maintain high standards of care and satisfaction are appropriate and implemented.
• Contribute and support external regulatory and compliance inspections.
• To maintain own personal clinical skills knowledge and competence through regular clinical sessions as appropriate and to participate in peer review.
• Maintain clinical updates and evidence of PREP (Post Registration Educational Portfolio).
• Being professionally accountable to and regularly liaising with the Director of Nursing.
• To provide strong professional nurse leadership to staff within a sphere of clinical responsibility.
• To work in an open and transparent manner ensuring timely, accurate and clear communication at all times.
• Have strong awareness of Clinical Governance and its effect on practice. Actively promote the understanding and awareness of the need for clinical governance in the day to day running of the business.
Qualifications & Experience
• Nursing Qualification – Registered Nurse Band 5 or above
• Extensive range of nursing experience.
• Experience of clinical audit and/or quality improvement processes
• Telephone triage experience
• Management experience
• Flexibility and ability to travel
• Excellent communication skills
For more information about the role and package details please apply online today or contact Lynn on 01785 237826 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.