Nursing Supervisor - Midwife
Nursing Supervisor - Midwifery
Part-time (one day per week)
Want to take your career in a new direction?
Reporting directly to the Operations & Recruitment Manager for Allied Nursing Professionals, and professionally to the Clinical Services Manager.
The Midwifery Supervisor is responsible for all Registered Midwives within the service from recruitment through interviews, appraisals, supervision and CPD.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference for our agency Midwives, by actively supporting and participating in the pre-screening, shortlisting, recruitment and selection. Once recruited you will induct and then coach, motivate and mentor your midwifery team by conducting regular supervision and supporting with reflective practice, ensuring that all opportunities for continuous professional development are identified.
You will support the agency team in ensuring that our midwives remain compliant through regular checks on the NMC register for restrictions and sanctions; making referrals to the NMC when necessary. You’ll also maintain records to clearly demonstrate processes followed and actively support in disciplinary and grievance procedures when needed.
As part of the role you will also lead on safeguarding for Allied Nursing Professionals, managing all safeguarding allegations and concerns, escalating as per company policy.
What you need to be successful in this role
- Nursing/Midwifery degree and active NMC registration
- To adhere to the Nursing & Midwifery Council Code 2015
- Track record of professional nurse leadership within a sphere of clinical responsibility
- Be proactive in the management of complaints and the development of staff communication to be able to deal with these effectively, this includes clinical and non-clinical staff
- Conduct regular supervision and appraisal
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Customer focused approach
- ICT literate and accurate keyboard skills
What you can expect from us
All the support of a large organisation, including
- A comprehensive induction to the role, supported by peers and mentors
- Ongoing training, to support your personal and professional development
- Exceptional access to clinical training
- Dedicated monthly clinical update with peers and reflection meetings
- Support with revalidation
- Reimbursement of professional registration fees
- Family friendly working hours (one day between Monday and Friday, office hours)
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Progression opportunities within the organisation
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for, then contact Maria Deaville-Harrop, Operations & Recruitment Manager on 07803 601 228 or via email email@example.com for an informal discussion.
By applying for this vacancy, you hereby consent to Allied Healthcare storing and processing your information for us to progress your application. If successful, your information will be added to your electronic staff file and printed and added to a physical paper file. Your information will be kept on file while you are working with us and for six years after you leave. If your application is unsuccessful, your information will be held for 12 months and will then be erased from our system.
You have the right to ask at any time and at no cost to see your records, edit them, have them erased or stop us using them. If we cannot comply with your request, we will tell you why.
For more information on how we store and use your information, please view our privacy statement by visiting https://www.alliedhealthcare.com/privacy-statement
This vacancy is closed to applications.