Reablement Quality Supervisor
Reporting to the Reablement Delivery Manager, the Quality Supervisor is responsible for the ongoing field supervision of support workers. Plus, ensuring that patient or service users requirements are met whilst maintaining compliance of care and nursing standards in accordance with AHG and Local Authority policies and procedures.
The day-to-day care support to the Operational Network, assisting with the running of care clients in their area. To ensure that a skilled workforce is in place and they are able to deliver safe quality care to all clients.
Working as an effective team member by taking responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the day-to-day operational & clinical care provided to service users with health needs.
Fulltime permanent role working 7:30-15:30 and 12:30 - 20:30 mixed shifts on a rolling rota working 5 days per week out of a 7 day period (working alternate weekends) - field based covering North Chelmsford and South Braintree area.
Role & Responsibilities
• To ensure that the client receives the appropriate care package and that continuity of care is a priority.
• To provide telephone support to clients and care staff and where necessary, to work as a “hands on” carer.
• To assist the Branch Manager in auditing the standard of service delivery to clients by Conducting spot checks and supervisions and Client satisfaction questionnaires.
• Attending review meetings with client / family / local authority / health personnel as required.
• Creating and updating client care plans in accordance with AHG policies and procedures.
• To assist Branch with Care Workers interviews & compliance.
• To assist with Risk Management training to all existing Care Workers.
• To participate on weekly conference call with Regional Clinical Leads, Case Managers &
• Branch Consultants to discuss problem packages and issues to liaise weekly or daily as required with the Continuing Healthcare team in the management of all level 0/1 packages
• Demonstrate the ability to manage the caseload effectively, dealing with unexpected issues e.g. Sickness.
• Delegate staff in conjunction with Regional Case Manager, according to skill mix, workload and service user dependency.
• Assist and deliver training for all specialist training needs (within skill set)
• Clinically supervise and appraise staff involved in level 1 CC packages as well as Domiciliary care packages
• Liaise with CC consultant or Branch Manager for operational support and case manager for clinical support
• Have day-to-day responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating standards of care provided in the community by Clinical Support Workers.
• Support the Regional Case Manager in the service delivery of continuing healthcare.
• Ensure new and junior staff are assessed as competent before undertaking enhanced roles e.g. PEG feeding (within skill set).
• Have an awareness of Clinical Governance and its effect on practice.
Qualifications & Experience
• NVQ2 Working towards NVQ Level 3 or 4 or equivalent
• Ability to clinically supervise and develop staff
• Car driver with access to own transport
For more information about the role and package details please apply online today or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Karen on 01785 237676 for an informal discussion.
By applying for this vacancy, you hereby consent to Allied Healthcare storing and processing your information for us to progress your application. If successful, your information will be added to your electronic staff file and printed and added to a physical paper file. Your information will be kept on file while you are working with us and for six years after you leave. If your application is unsuccessful, your information will be held for 12 months and will then be erased from our system.
You have the right to ask at any time and at no cost to see your records, edit them, have them erased or stop us using them. If we cannot comply with your request, we will tell you why.
For more information on how we store and use your information, please view our privacy statement by visiting https://www.alliedhealthcare.com/privacy-statement
This vacancy is closed to applications.