Extra Care Scheme Manager
Reporting to the Care Delivery Director, the Extra Care Scheme Manager is responsible for the on- site care and support services delivered within the scheme 24 hours per day. The Extra Care Scheme Manager is responsible for effectively leading, managing and supporting a team of senior care workers and support staff to deliver reliable and responsive person-centered care and support to residents. You will promote the independence, security and wellbeing of residents, working in partnership with the on -site Housing Provider team as well as the Local Authority and third sector organisations involved in supporting the residents. You will have responsibility for the day to day management of the scheme while continually developing and improving on-site services meeting the needs of the residents, ensuring quality standards are adhered to in line with regulatory, company and contractual requirements.
• To be the Registered Manager with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) ensuring the service meets their published standards at all times.
• Ensure robust, person centred care plans are in place, allowing staff to deliver agreed outcomes.
• Regular liaison with social workers, social services, commissioners, health authorities, District Nurses, voluntary organisations and any other professionals involved in the integration of the service.
• Responsible for the budget management of your own profit and loss report.
• To lead on investigations into complaints and/ or safeguarding concerns or incidents ensuring responses are adhered to in line with service level agreements (SLA).
• Manage, support and develop staff through care coaching inductions, training, personal development reviews and mentoring.
• Produce, monitor, review and report KPI’s in line with company and local authority contractual requirements.
• Attend allocation/ panel meetings in conjunction with the Housing Manager and make recommendations and offers to potential residents while achieving a balanced community of care and support needs.
• Take responsibility of the Business Continuity Plan, working in partnership with the Housing Provider on Fire Evacuation and Emergency planning.
• Working collaboratively with the Housing Provider ensuring the provision for a wide range of activities and encouraging participation and take up.
• Liaise with health services in administering, recording and supervising medication in accordance with Allied Healthcare policies and procedures.
• To provide in an emergency direct care and support to residents where appropriate.
• Liaise closely and effectively with all relevant stakeholders including professionals, care workers, families and advocates involved in providing residents care and support.
• Attend one to one supervision meetings, staff and team meetings and training when required, which on occasions will be off-site.
Qualifications and Experience
• Understanding the needs of older people and the purpose of Extra Care Housing
• Knowledge of managing good practice and innovation in an Extra Care Scheme setting
• Knowledge of supervising medication
• Successful leadership of care and support services
• Ability to accurately report, produce reports and meet deadlines in accordance with contractual and regulatory obligations
• Ability to lead and participate in group activities
• Ability to lead a varied team of staff working shift patterns, adhering to and maintaining accurate and safe staffing levels in line with contractual and company requirements
• Achieved or working to CQF Care Award level 5
• Experience of Planning staff rota’s using coldharbour or similar care rostering system
• Previous experience of managing on site care and support within an Extra Care setting
If you are interested in joining our team please apply online today or call Karen on 01785 237676 or email email@example.com for an informal discussion.
By applying for this vacancy, you hereby consent to Allied Healthcare storing and processing your information for us to progress your application. If successful, your information will be added to your electronic staff file and printed and added to a physical paper file. Your information will be kept on file while you are working with us and for six years after you leave. If your application is unsuccessful, your information will be held for 12 months and will then be erased from our system.
You have the right to ask at any time and at no cost to see your records, edit them, have them erased or stop us using them. If we cannot comply with your request, we will tell you why.
For more information on how we store and use your information, please view our privacy statement by visiting https://www.alliedhealthcare.com/privacy-statement
This vacancy is closed to applications.