Reablement Team Leader
Job Title: Reablement Team Leader
Location: Burnley Branch located in Blackburn (BB12 6HH)
Hours: Permanent Contract working 40hrs
Salary: Upto £26,000 per annum
The Reablement Team Lead, is to lead and develop the Reablement service to ensure it remains effective and compliant with CRG Homecare and Regulatory standards at all time.
Role & Responsibilities
- Plans and prepares for delivery of community Reablement services including aids and adaptations where appropriate. Undertaking all required assessments, including risks & manual handling, implementing actions plans as appropriate and delivering direct care as appropriate and as required.
- Undertake joint working with others to achieve agreed goals, co-ordinating services with other professionals / agencies as appropriate to facilitate the continued wellbeing of the client.
- Participates in conjunction with senior staff in establishing formal and informal links with appropriate staff, statutory, voluntary and community bodies in accordance with agreed policy.
- Where necessary make changes in the allocation of staff on a day to day basis, notifying staff, clients and Manager of changes as appropriate and updating IT systems.
- Monitor the collection of data sets for KPIs ensuring contractual targets are met and quality assurances are in line with the Care Quality Commission’s regulatory standards.
- Provide effective leadership and management of the Reablement team to ensure high levels of performance and employee engagement.
- To participate in staff, team and quality management review meetings as directed by the Branch Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within the social care industry
- Have experience and a strong understanding of operating a reablement service
- Proven history of leading and supporting dispersed staff teams
- Knowledge of recruitment
- Diploma Level 5 (or Equivalent) in Health & Social Care or willingness to work towards this on appointment
- The ability to communicate with people at all levels including colleagues, line manager and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills the ability to interact at all levels
- Good verbal and written English with an excellent eye for detail
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a calm and patient manner
- The ability to manage own time, prioritise workloads, remain calm and think logically
- The ability to maintain accurate records to convey factual information
CRG Homecare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment by following all company Safeguarding policies and procedures.
For more information about the role and package details please apply online today or contact Lynn on 01785 237826 or email email@example.com for an informal discussion.